use XML with XML Response of a web service

Hi, Im new with LabVIEW, and i have a problem using the web services. I want to have more information with the response of the web service, so I use XML to format the output (with "flatten to XML").

The problem is that i want to recieve the response in XML, and when i recieve the response, the symbols < and > of my XML tags had been modified.

For example, i want to recieve some code like this:

<Response>

<Terminal>

<Name>

example

</Name>

<Value>

<String>

<Val>

Example text

</Val>

</String>

</Value>

</Terminal>

</Response>

but i receive this:

<Response>

<Terminal>

<Name>

example

</Name>

<Value>

<String>

<Val>

Example text

</Val>

</String>

</Value>

</Terminal>

</Response>

PS: Sorry for my english it is very poor.

The idea is to use the web service with ajax, so i can parse the xml to load the result of the operation, so i can't use this solution. Can I configure the LabVIEW's response not to change that escapes characteres? or any similar solution?

thanks for all responses.

You should not be seeing the & replacements when calling the web service. Try calling it from IE or Firefox and see if you still get them. I don't with any of my web services. This could be a problem with the tool you are using to call the web service and not LabVIEW.

Any decent XML parser should know to convert < to a < character.

I'm using Firefox. I configure the output of the web service like a XML file, and I receive it well in my browser, but when I add some XML additional tags, the special characters of those tags were changed, so when i try to parse the XML response with javascript, it didn't recognize the < character like the < character.

I'm using Firefox. I configure the output of the web service like a XML file, and I receive it well in my browser, but when I add some XML additional tags, the special characters of those tags were changed, so when i try to parse the XML response with javascript, it didn't recognize the < character like the < character.

Use the javascript "html_entity_decode" function.

html_entity_decode(string)

Normal chars will remain unaffected but   &alt etc will be converted.

Damn. Now I'm a text heretic biggrin.gif