Should LAVA leave PayPal?

I haven't read this post and the emails too closely, but basically, the guy who develops TortoiseSVN says that PayPal freezed his account due to needing to comply with new regulations. I don't know if LAVA falls under the same category, but it's something to look into.

I had a similar problem with PayPal many years ago. I haven't used them since (notice how Christina bought my LAVA BBQ ticket this year?). My respect for LAVA would only increase if y'all dumped PayPal.

http://paypalsucks.com/

-D

I haven't read this post and the emails too closely, but basically, the guy who develops TortoiseSVN says that PayPal freezed his account due to needing to comply with new regulations. I don't know if LAVA falls under the same category, but it's something to look into.

Nothing unusual there. Paypal have some very questionable if not downright illegal policies.

Paypal Sucks

I've heard many stories myself. I think purchasing stuff is ok. It's the receiving money part that's kinda risky.

For me, I always try to transfer money out from Paypal whenever I can and don't keep a perpetual balance with them.

I'd like to know what percentage of their millions of users lose their money this way. Must be a nice profit for Paypal. blink.gif

I'm sure Tony Soprano would like to know how to get a piece of that action!

Yes! Leave PayPal. Please.

It took me many years to finally bite the bullet and support this site, solely because I didn't want to use PayPal.

Needless to say I have a bad experience with them as well, but it's nothing you won't hear a hundred times over on other sites. My only recommendation if lava sticks with Paypal is:

1. Have a completely isolated bank account which is only used for Paypal
  2. Empty the Paypal account to your main account regularly
  3. Have a completely isolated bank account which is only used for Paypal
  4. Don't ever maintain a balance in the account Paypal has access to
  5. Have a completely isolated bank account which is only used for Paypal

Also, being able to purchase rather than subscribe would be nice. Auto-renewing memberships set off certain flags if I try to expense it :P