VI Shots Relaunching - Feedback needed

VI Shots

I'm really excited to announce that VI Shots will be rebranding and relaunching soon with new LabVIEW content.

I don't want to say anything right now since the site is currently in development. What I can say is that the content format will be video, which I love.

Even though I have a plan for the content. It will be evolving over time based on your feedback. I would love to hear from all of you.

What would you love to see as some of the content on the site?

What LabVIEW related topics would you like to see covered?

For example: OOP theory, DAQ Hardware setup, User Interface Design, Building Applications, Real-Time, Serial Instrument communication, LabVIEW 101... etc.

Finally: Please sign up to get notified when the site is live

here: http://vishots.com/relaunch.html

Bonus: Those who sign up will get to see an exclusive preview of the content before the public launch.

Thanks - Michael

• Like 1

[...]

For example: OOP theory, DAQ Hardware setup, User Interface Design, Building Applications, Real-Time, Serial Instrument communication, LabVIEW 101... etc.

[...]

I'd like to see a combination of OOP theory and LabVIEW 101. LVOOP 101 (or, perhaps 201)

I'm really excited to announce that VI Shots will be rebranding and relaunching soon with new LabVIEW content.

I guess I'm still a newcomer... I don't think I've ever heard of VI Shots.

There will be people interested in all those topics and any other one you can think of. My question is what's the purpose of VI Shots? Is it to share tips and tricks--kind of video version of Darren's Nuggets? Or is it a more in-depth instructional tool? If it's the latter, casting too wide a net means there won't be enough content on any one topic to bring people in. Figure out the purpose and your target audience and the content decisions should be fairly easy.

Even though I have a plan for the content. It will be evolving over time based on your feedback. I would love to hear from all of you.

What would you love to see as some of the content on the site?

What LabVIEW related topics would you like to see covered?

Have you considered a Collaborative Videos Repository?

I mean there would be a process for people to submit how-to videos about any LabVIEW topic and have a review team certify the videos content before it would be put online?

This way, you could have as broad a list of topics as you can dream and in a few years, that would be quite an interesting resource... for beginners and advanced LabVIEW user alike.

UI and OOP sound good.

Will the old RSS feed go live again? I still have it in my reader.

Yes. I will make sure the old feed is still valid. If not, there will be a redirect to the new location.

I guess I'm still a newcomer... I don't think I've ever heard of VI Shots.

It was a Video show that I created a few years ago with the intent of providing LabVIEW related content. However, along the way I got distracted by cool shiny robots and other geeky stuff. It was mostly interviews I did with vendors and companies at various trade shows. It was all over the map. It was great fun to do, but lacked focus.

You can watch the old archive here:

http://vishots.blip....archive&nsfw=dc

There will be people interested in all those topics and any other one you can think of. My question is what's the purpose of VI Shots? Is it to share tips and tricks--kind of video version of Darren's Nuggets? Or is it a more in-depth instructional tool? If it's the latter, casting too wide a net means there won't be enough content on any one topic to bring people in. Figure out the purpose and your target audience and the content decisions should be fairly easy.

Initially it will be introductory topics and short segments of really practical and useful information you can use right away in your current LabVIEW development. I also have plans for in-depth content which will come later.

Have you considered a Collaborative Videos Repository?

I mean there would be a process for people to submit how-to videos about any LabVIEW topic and have a review team certify the videos content before it would be put online?

This way, you could have as broad a list of topics as you can dream and in a few years, that would be quite an interesting resource... for beginners and advanced LabVIEW user alike.

Thanks for the feedback Francois!

Everyone. The topics I listed are just examples. If there is something you currently find challenging in LabVIEW and wanted to know more information about. Let me know.

You can also PM me here on LAVA or send a direct email to: ideas@vishots.com

Edited by VI Shots