How to shoot Yourself In the Foot

ShaunR

I've come across various variations of this over time

How To Shoot Yourself In The Foot In Any Programming Language

What about Labview?

We need an entry in this prestigious list. Suggestions?

This is my favourite biggrin.gif

C++

You accidentally create a dozen clones of yourself and shoot them all in the foot. Emergency medical assistance is impossible since you can't tell which are bitwise copies and which are just pointing at others and saying, "That's me, over there."

Edited by ShaunR

You create a toe class with all required properties and access methods and a proper icon, then a foot class with all properties and access methods, ..., then a man class out of all previous ones with all access methods, then a gun class with all properties, accessors and icon, a bullet class... Then you realize that if you want to shoot yourself in the foot, the man class, the gun class and the bullet class has to has a common ancestor, because otherwise you'll have class conflict on the wire. So you create it trying not to get crazy modifying all connector panes to allow dynamic dispatching (which means that you have change almost all controls to variants), you think hard how to name this class... Finally you start creating icon for it... after five minutes you give up, take a real gun and shoot yourself in the head. In the short time the bullet flies you realize that the only advantage of using classes in this case was to have fancy color wires instead of pink ones.

• Like 1