Guess I'll start this off.

Bryan

Hi everybody!

*Response: Hi Dr. Nick!* (I'm a Simpsons fan)

I'll start this off with telling a little about myself:

My name is Bryan and I live in Southern California. I was semi-involuntarily relocated here from my home-state of Pennsylvania by my former employer Corning Incorporated. When they decided to cut back involvement in the telecommunications industry, I was laid off after 5 months of living in California when they closed their Fountain Valley plant in Feb, 2003. Now, I work for Balboa Instruments as an Associate Software Test Engineer.

I know a couple of languages, but my most proficient is LabVIEW. I have worked with NI Data Acquisition, NI Vision, RS232 and GPIB instrument control and monitoring as well as PXI and a little VXI. Other languages from most to least provicient are: VBA (Excel) automation, Visual Basic, Tcl/Tk, PHP/MySQL, MS SQL as well as some HTML/JavaScript thrown in there. All of the internet-related languages I use in my free time helping a friend with his little web-development business.

My interests are as follows:

About anything automotive or on wheels. (I have a 72 Chevelle that began as a father/son project).

Carpentry/home improvement and electronics.

Music - Vocal and instrumental (Guitar, Trumpet, Drums, Bass, Piano)

Spending time with my wife, family and friends (I don't have any kids... yet)

Learning anything to enhance my skills and abilities.

I'm also a member of a couple of automotive enthusiast boards (admin on 1, moderator on another), and I find them as a great source of information which is why I looked for a LabVIEW forum and stumbled into LAVA.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.