making proper path through points

Trin

Hi Lavas,

i have a cube in 3D picture control with some points on it. I want to connect the points through lines, right now i am using "Scene Mesh" . The problem rise when i want to connect two points on two different faces. LabView connects them from inside, i don't want to transparent my cube instead i like to calculate the path by myself. I know about the mathematic of calculating the path, but i dont have any idea how i can apply it. Any idea or any similar example?

Thanks

Hi Lavas,

i have a cube in 3D picture control with some points on it. I want to connect the points through lines, right now i am using "Scene Mesh" . The problem rise when i want to connect two points on two different faces. LabView connects them from inside, i don't want to transparent my cube instead i like to calculate the path by myself. I know about the mathematic of calculating the path, but i dont have any idea how i can apply it. Any idea or any similar example?

Thanks

I you know the maths then use a formula node. There is an example of using the formula node shipped with Labiew.

You should define points on cube for which you allow to guide path through (corners, edges midpoints, points on edges closest to your data points, etc.) and use one of shortest path finding algorithm. A* for instance.

Thanks Vugie,

well, i have hard time configuring about how i can apply you suggestion. and i guess i need some codes as an example, to give me some ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated if it is possible

• 2 weeks later...

I have one more question regarding this topic, do you think if it is possible, to use the Bezier curve for finding propert path through the mark points?

Generally there are two kinds of things: possible and expensive :)

I think that Bezier curves falls under the second category. Besides that they does not serve for path finding. Rather for mathematical representation of complex curves.

Generally there are two kinds of things: possible and expensive :)

I think that Bezier curves falls under the second category. Besides that they does not serve for path finding. Rather for mathematical representation of complex curves.

Oh, thx Vugie, good to know. Well, as i was not so successful with finding the proper path through edge finding, i did more research in case of finding an easier way:wacko:. AHa, also i read about geodesic distance between surface.

Does any one have any kind of idea about it?