how to put VIs on the listbox

ancle

Sorry, my English is poor. I try to explain my condition again. There is a example. In my user interface, in special reason I want to put the Numeric 13 under the Numeric 12 on the listbox 2 and use scroll. The listbox can accept strings and it can use scroll. Is there have any methods can put the Numeric 13 under the Numeric 12 on the listbox 2 and use scroll?

Download File:post-518-1092030592.vi

The problem is that Listbox 2 does not contain the Numerics. The Listbox is underneath the numerics. Perhaps this subpanel (with a better connector-less scheme) will help.

1346[/snapback]

It is very good solutions todd, but I sugest little modification for main vi:

it should be saved with t_listbox___tab_control_panel.vi in this same directory.

best regards

Mikrobi

Download File:post-62-1092121871.vi

it should be saved with t_listbox___tab_control_panel.vi in this same directory.

best regards

Mikrobi

1351[/snapback]

Just a suggestion for future posts (for all members). If your code requires related multiple VI's, please include them all inside an *.llb file or a *.zip file. This will help others launch and run your example quicker. :thumbup:
Sorry, my English is poor. I try to explain my condition again. There is a example. In my user interface, in special reason I want to put the Numeric 13 under the Numeric 12 on the listbox 2 and use scroll.  The listbox  can accept strings and it can use scroll. Is there have any methods can put the Numeric 13 under the Numeric 12 on the listbox 2 and use scroll?

1335[/snapback]

Ok, I think I got it now. One question, do you absolutely require editing of the numerics? If not, then you can just convert the numbers to strings and feed them into the listbox. If you require editing then a better approach would be to use an array of numerics than a listbox. If you want to have a scrollbar then you can use the technique described here:

Replacing the Array index with a slider.

Just a suggestion for future posts (for all members). If your code requires related multiple VI's, please include them all inside an *.llb file or a *.zip file. This will help others launch and run your example quicker.  :thumbup:

1360[/snapback]

Right :headbang:

regards

Mikrobi

• 1 month later...

Here is another slightly modified version of the listbox tab control modify / panel VIs. I just moved the generation of the references outside to avoid memory leaks and added a slight delay in the read loop to allow other VIs to operate.

This could continue to be modified to make it more generic (and therefore useful) by:

1. using a tree control to write the values to (with filter options),

2. optional timeing on how often to update the value tree,

3. making a list of VIs running in memory and allowing switching between them

So many mods, so little time...

Mike

Download File:post-45-1096481602.zip