Make an Plot editor: does it already exist?

Hello,

I made a plot representing a temperature profile with some ramps, dwells...loaded from an excel file. But now, users would like to modify temperature profile directly and dynamically on the plot, after having load a basic profile from excel file...

I heard about Xcontrol which can do that, but I can't find it. So, do you know if it exists, and especially if the code is free? Otherwise maybe you know other ways to proceed?

I ask for that because I have not so much time to make it, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel :P...

Of course, if nothing free to use exists, I will make it myself, but even in this case, help would be appreciated, since I have no idea how to start (using plot reference, events...)

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards

Antoine

But the way I would do it would be to make a plot, and then overlay it with lots of cursors, one for each plot point. Then you could trap "cursor move" events and modify the plotted data to match. So the users would be dragging the cursors around, but it would look like they were dragging the plot points. I would probably make the plot points themselves transparent or point type = 0 so that when you move the cursor, you don't see the plot point stay behind until your event handler fixes it.

I don't know whether something like this already exists on the web.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing an example (can't remember where it is now) which was representing RGB colour correction and you could grab a points on the line of the graph and them around to change the colour profile. May have been in the Vision stuff.

"Color Table Generator.vi" in the "Create IntGraph ColorTable.vi" example in plain old LV. I use a (very modified) version of this to adjust the color schemes on intensity graphs, since the Z scale adjuster is one of the more frustrating widgets in LabVIEW. Frustrating, obtuse, very non-intuitive, and except for the simplest of things, often unusable.

But I digress... The example shows you how to move a point around on the graph. Or rather, you move a free-dragging cursor away from the apex point in the middle of the plot, and the slope of the plot changes from that middle point to the static points on either side to make that new point the apex.