[CR] lvODE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was asked for converting lvODE for 8.2 (the lowest possible LV version). So it is uploaded now - no package, only zip file. I verified only whether examples work, so please report if anything is broken.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Vugie, this is excellent, thank you.

I tried to implement the chain example with 3D Objects, but I need assistance on the 3D objects.

When I rotate the view, the chain appears to rotate independently of the axes..... am I required to make a transformation myself?

Also, the mesh reference is not available (closed?) if I do not keep the drawable reference.... is this normal?

Also, how can I reference the mesh by name instead of by reference ?

chain 3D.vi

Chain 3D diagram.png

• 1 month later...

Sorry to miss your post, I'm not very often here recently.

When I rotate the view, the chain appears to rotate independently of the axes..... am I required to make a transformation myself?

In my opinion the chain swings like it should. What could mislead you:

1. You modified anchor position offset, so chain won't swing in YZ plane if this is what you expected.
  2. This chain is connected with ball joints. Due to cummulating numerical errors the chain may go off the plane after some time (however I'm not observing such behavior). To avoid it use hinge joint if your goal is to have bicycle-like chain.
  3. Proportions of the chain in 3D picture will be different (and more natural) than in 2D Graph, because apparently I left non-uniform scales there for x and y axes.

Also, the mesh reference is not available (closed?) if I do not keep the drawable reference.... is this normal?

The mesh reference becomes invalid once assigned to the object. Instead you should get the object's drawable reference and use "To More Specific Class" primitive to be able to use SetMeshParams method again (picture attached).

Also, how can I reference the mesh by name instead of by reference ?

You may use "Find Object" block to find an object by name and then get its Drawable property.

tmsn.png

• 3 years later...

Thank you, this package and the examples are very useful and well documented! 

I have a question although this might be a feature that is not included in the ode library itself - is there any way to define a user defined geometry in lvODE, for example from an STL file, without having to write a new geometry class? Our workaround would be to have to build this as a composite object instead but that would be a lot more work if we want it to match the STL. 

Many Thanks, 

Riley 

• 1 year later...