I use several conditional disable symbols in my project. I'd like to create a build script for each spec that sets the symbols to a value appropriate for that build. Is there a way to retrieve the symbol names and values using scripting or vi server? This is as far as I got when I realized I have no idea how to proceed...

post-7603-044736200 1288885694_thumb.png

I use several conditional disable symbols in my project. I'd like to create a build script for each spec that sets the symbols to a value appropriate for that build. Is there a way to retrieve the symbol names and values using scripting or vi server? This is as far as I got when I realized I have no idea how to proceed...

I've been meaning to post this:

I've been working on "LabVIEW Project.lvlib" but it's not really ready for prime time. Would be good to have some collaboration.

Modify Conditional Symbol.vi

• 2 years later...

This post is kind of old, I don't know if JGCode released his project API, so my apologies if this is already somewhere else.

I just wanted to add a note here in case someone else tried to use the project API.

The tags used in the build specification for the version have changed. JGCode uses inside "Executable Get Version_jgcode_lib_labview_project_api.vi" :

App_fileVersion.major

App_fileVersion.minor

App_fileVersion.patch

App_fileVersion.build

at least on the version I am working on now (LabVIEW 2012) the tags are:

TgtF_fileVersion.major

TgtF_fileVersion.minor

TgtF_fileVersion.patch

TgtF_fileVersion.build

Also, this is only useful in development mode, because as MJE showed in this post: http://lavag.org/topic/15473-getting-the-version-of-a-build-from-the-project/?p=93474

you can use that vi to extract the actual exe version at run time.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...