Problems posting and editing

I believe I have two problems, the second as a result of the first.

Yesterday I attempted to post some code I wrote in a new topic: http://lavag.org/top...ncl-in-labview/

I wrote my post and as I was writing it previewed it a few times while writing it. When the post was complete I previewed it and above the preview was a red box with the words "You must enter a post". I thought this a little strange given that I had filled in all the available boxes and the preview came up fine.

When I tried to submit the post the same message came up. Being the problem solving type I then cut all the sections except the first and tried submitting in case there was some formatting that was upsetting the board. The post succeeded. I tried editing and pasting the rest in, but the same "You must enter a post" error occurred.

I then proceeded to for each section {

edit post

paste section

submit

} until "You must enter a post" error occurred.

I then tried pasting in the remaining sections in reverse order, some successfully went into the post.

For the sections remaining I tried putting them into a second post as for some unknown reason they wouldn't go in the first. The second post submitted ok, but it appears this board's software automatically concatenates posts by the original poster onto the OP if they are submitted fairly shortly after and no one else has replied.

At this point I now have my whole post submitted, slightly out of order, and with a few mistakes (accidental it's/its and use of bbcode not supported by this board). Attempts to edit the post fail because it contains all the content that causes the bug. Since I can't edit the post I have no option to add things I would normally edit in (like restrictions I had forgotten about) in a follow up post with an explanation that I can't successfully edit my post for some unknown reason.

Today I find that (I presume) a moderator has gone in and merged my follow-up post with my original and tidied up my bad bb code - thanks!

The second issue is that I appear to have lost the edit buttons on my post (I could find them last night, I don't think the fact I'm using a different computer should matter).

I don't think I'm going blind:

post-18398-0-09937200-1289234485_thumb.p

post-18398-0-20342900-1289234494_thumb.p

I figured I should try and get these issues resolved rather than making a further mess of my topic by appending information in follow-up posts that really should be edited in (and thus make more work for any moderators who like to keep things tidy).

I'm not sure how I managed to make such a mess of what I planned to be a simple task of making a post.

Thanks in advance.

LP

For the sections remaining I tried putting them into a second post as for some unknown reason they wouldn't go in the first. The second post submitted ok, but it appears this board's software automatically concatenates posts by the original poster onto the OP if they are submitted fairly shortly after and no one else has replied.

That's correct - there's a time limit (I don't know what it is), but if you reply to your own post and no one else has since replied then your reply concatenates to the previous post.

Today I find that (I presume) a moderator has gone in and merged my follow-up post with my original and tidied up my bad bb code - thanks!

You're welcome :) If you ever have an issue like this, just hit "Report to Moderator", add instructions on what needs to be done, and one of us will take care of it.

The second issue is that I appear to have lost the edit buttons on my post (I could find them last night, I don't think the fact I'm using a different computer should matter).

That's another time-limited thing - you loose the ability to edit your posts after a certain time (again, I don't know what the time limit is), unless you're a Premium Member. Premium Members can edit thier posts without a time limit.

I wrote my post and as I was writing it previewed it a few times while writing it. When the post was complete I previewed it and above the preview was a red box with the words "You must enter a post". I thought this a little strange given that I had filled in all the available boxes and the preview came up fine.

I'll take a look at this - I haven't seen this issue before. Thanks for letting us know.

I too experienced " "You must enter a post" problem over the weekend (never before).

I also experienced "Error 403 Access Denied" for quite a while (happened a couple of times) when trying to view any pages. Not sure if they are related. I just assumed someone was updating the site (nearly thought I had been banned biggrin.gif )