External Installer Builder Suggestions?

So I'm creating a suite of software that will have several components (some of them will be built in LabVIEW, some not), and I'm looking for something to build that final setup.exe that will include all of my components as well as be able to write registry keys. I'd like to show custom logos on the UIs and windows that display license files, but they're secondary (the components will have their own installers, I just need this supervisory one to install them all in turn). I also need the ability to allow the user to select components (although some of them need to be installed). I sued to use InstallSheild for this (but that was long ago), as well as Setup2Go. Anyone got a favortie installer app that they've got personal positive experience with?

InstallJammer - the most intuitive and friendly of free installers I have found.

Thanks vugie - I'll check it out. Just a note: I'm not necessarily looking for someting that's free - if there's an app out there that you recommend that costs $, I'd like to hear about that too :)

I had some strange issues when integrating LV created installers within the main build, but it was quite long time ago, so maybe they went away.

:unsure: What kind of issues?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: Have been using InnoSetup for a while now, and love it! It's got most of the features that I want, and those it doesn't I have been able to work around. InnoIDE, on the other hand, is pretty buggy - I'm using it, but mostly for the syntax highlighting of my innoscripts. Thanks everyone :)

Update: Have been using InnoSetup for a while now, and love it! It's got most of the features that I want, and those it doesn't I have been able to work around. InnoIDE, on the other hand, is pretty buggy - I'm using it, but mostly for the syntax highlighting of my innoscripts. Thanks everyone :)

ISTool is the GUI I use.I haven''t come across any bugs (not saying there aren't any) and it's been around a lot longer than the Inno one (5 years+).

• 4 weeks later...

I Use NSIS and I am very happy with it. Most importantly it adds very small overhead in size.

I have used following features with excellent results

• Copying Files to install directory and various other system directories
  • request admin rights
  • register dlls
  • Registry Entries
  • Complete GUI customization(Logo, Branding, Lic Page etc.)
  • selectable features (optional,Required etc. )
  • install other installers(silently)
  • Automatically Install unsigned USB drivers(Its really tough; most other installers support only signed drivers. I Spent more than a week to find solution)