Default controls/indicators have changed

Chr1sG

Recently, when I tried to place controls/indicators on the front panel (e.g. from the modern palette) the appearance of some of them has changed from the fresh install versions. To illustrate, the numeric control now looks like this:

post-15419-0-45045700-1290597643_thumb.jpg

when I think it should look like this (the usual appearnce, and how it appears on everyone else's computer):

post-15419-0-42221300-1290597652_thumb.jpg

In other words, the increment/decrement buttons are messed up. There are some other bizarre variations with the booleans etc. It hasn't happened to all of the controls though.

How do I revert them to the original state?

I have tried a repair and even an uninstall/reinstall of LV, but no luck. If I knew where they were installed, i would just delete them and then do a repair, but I don't.

Has it happened to anyone else, and more importantly please can someone help?

post-15419-0-45045700-1290597643_thumb.j

post-15419-0-42221300-1290597652_thumb.j

Edited by Chr1sG

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was pretty sure it wasn't an ini file problem, since I deleted the old one before reinstalling. But yes, lo and behold, the DPI setting was the key. Don't recall how/when the change occurred (like most, I am a bit of a Windows tweaker) but certainly, reverting to the default DPI gets the increment/decrement buttons back closer together :-)

Having said that, there's still a gap compared to other people's installations, so I guess there maybe some further Windows font tweaking I need to do in order for it to look 'normal'.

At least I know the problem now, so I needn't lose sleep over it.

Also I had been sent a VI that looked terrible, and was about to berate the author for the poor quality of their work, so you've probably saved me the embarrassment of having to eat humble pie and apologise to them :-)

But yes, lo and behold, the DPI setting was the key. Don't recall how/when the change occurred (like most, I am a bit of a Windows tweaker) but certainly, reverting to the default DPI gets the increment/decrement buttons back closer together :-)

IIRC, Win7 (sometimes?) installs with a higher DPI selected; last time I reinstalled Pro x64 on my laptop, that was one thing I had to hunt down and fix.

I actually had the same problem when upgrading to win7. Having a high resolution laptop screen means that I couldn't see much at the normal DPI settings. Changing them cause all kinda of problems with my FPs, just like you posted. Changing the settings back to normal did not exactly help, as win7/vista have different font settings then winXP did. The posts around here on that topic were indeed helpful.

Indeed, I am now noticing a few more 'quirks' that I can attribute to the Windows 7 choice of default fonts and font sizes. I'm just glad that I'm not wasting time trying reinstalls etc. to cure them. Just have to live with them.

I too have a high-res screen that is nigh on impossible to read at the normal DPI setting, but FP's look mental if I 'go large'.

I seem to get the best compromise by using Win7 set to large and then overriding the LV defaults, i.e. in the INI, but I'm not optimistic about the final portability of my code to be honest (well, I never have been good at figuring out the best settings to keep the most users happy!)

Cheers for all the input.