Serial Computer Mice

I'm very new to using Labview 7.1. :blink: What i need to do is collect the coordinates from a serial mouse into labview and then plot these coords onto a graph. My ultimate aim is to then be able to determine a mathematical equation which would then determine when the coordinates of two mice held at a fixed distance from each other, and on the same axis, change when they are rotated.

For the moment obtaining the coordinates from the serial ports is the problem. I have configured a port connection using the examples listed within labview 7.1 but the values that i am obtaining are all euro signs. Is there anyone out there who could suggest how i might be able to decrypt the info that i seem to be getting and process it into something more useful?

Thanks,

Topper99

Hi,

In the Palette menu under "Advanced>Input Device Control" you find the VI's Initialize Mouse.vi and Acquire Input Data.vi.

With these VI's you can get the mouse position of your actual mouse.

Download File:post-253-1092046089.bmp

To make a second mouse work on your computer, I don't know if possible - never tried.

If it works, then try to "hack" the Initialize Mouse.vi: change the constant from 0 to 1.

Download File:post-253-1092046391.bmp

Didier

Cheers Didier. Iv now managed to get that sorted. As you say there is a problem with connecting two mice into the pc and distinguishing them from one another. I might have to "simulate" another mice with some user defined control boxes.

Thanks again.

Topper99

Hi,

In the Palette menu under "Advanced>Input Device Control" you find the VI's Initialize Mouse.vi and Acquire Input Data.vi.

With these VI's you can get the mouse position of your actual mouse.

Download File:post-253-1092046089.bmp

To make a second mouse work on your computer, I don't know if possible - never tried.

If it works, then try to "hack" the Initialize Mouse.vi: change the constant from 0 to 1.

Download File:post-253-1092046391.bmp

Didier

1340[/snapback]