Zero-Pixel Splitter Bar

Is it possible to create a zero-pixel splitter bar? One that will not show a line between two panes that have an image loaded in the background?

I know I could make the splitter bar color match the pane color, but what if I want an image with a color gradient?

You can see in the image below that I'll always have a minimal 1 pixel splitter bar. And it gets worse if I try to completely hide one pane by setting it to it's minimal size: it makes it look like the splitter bar is twice as large (see bottom splitter).

2010-12-01_1145.png

BTW, those are not colors I'd use for a GUI... :P

One that will not show a line between two panes that have an image loaded in the background?

Do you get your desired effect by setting the splitter colors (FG and BG) to transparent? This must be done via property node, since the recolor tool fails to work. If I recall correctly, the splitter looks black in edit mode and actually turns transparent in run mode.

Do you get your desired effect by setting the splitter colors (FG and BG) to transparent? This must be done via property node, since the recolor tool fails to work. If I recall correctly, the splitter looks black in edit mode and actually turns transparent in run mode.

I hadn't tried that. Unfortunately, they all stay black at runtime. (Classic, Modern & System)...

Why not? They are so sweet...

Sweet and aggressive...:frusty:

I hadn't tried that. Unfortunately, they all stay black at runtime. (Classic, Modern & System)...

You know what... you're right, I can't get it to work either with 2009 or 2010. Even with the chameleon color (d16777271). Perhaps this worked in the LV8 era, or more likely, just some strange deja vu of which I happen to remember procedural details.

Best I can offer after bum advice is crelf's product suggestion for 0px splitters.

You know what... you're right, I can't get it to work either with 2009 or 2010. Even with the chameleon color (d16777271). Perhaps this worked in the LV8 era, or more likely, just some strange deja vu of which I happen to remember procedural details.

Best I can offer after bum advice is crelf's product suggestion for 0px splitters.

Man, I had already kudoed that one and it didn't show up in my Google search.

0pixel splitter bar site:ni.com comes empty.

0pixel splitter bars site:ni.com gives me the link to the Idea Exchange.