I wanted to try the "cluster ini file" VIs in OpenG library. So I downloaded and installed the package manager (community edition) on LV2009SP1.

Everything seems to have gone smoothly, the packages are downloaded and installed inside LVPM, connection with LabVIEW has been checked and is OK.

But when I open LabVIEW, there is an entry OpenG in the Tools VI palette. Therein only an empty grey rectangle appears. No VIs.

Any ideas?

TIA.

I wanted to try the "cluster ini file" VIs in OpenG library. So I downloaded and installed the package manager (community edition) on LV2009SP1.

Everything seems to have gone smoothly, the packages are downloaded and installed inside LVPM, connection with LabVIEW has been checked and is OK.

But when I open LabVIEW, there is an entry OpenG in the Tools VI palette. Therein only an empty grey rectangle appears. No VIs.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Hi germ

Some more info that would help -

Have you tried re-installing the package?

What version of the Variant Config package are you installing?

What version of VIPM are you using

Are they any VIs installed on disk? I.e. check <user.lib>\_OpenG.lib\variantconfig\variantconfig.llb - where variantconfig.llb is a folder not an actual llb.

A screenshot of what you see is always handy.

Is worth mentioning that JKI have a dedicated forum for VIPM too.

Cheers

-JG

Thank you.

Tonight it started working. No idea why it didn't work before, I did not change or re-install anything in VIPM.

Maybe a restart was necessary. The LabVIEW menu palettes are a bit tricky and while VIPM should attempt to synchronize those palettes after an install, something may have prevented the synchronization to work. A restart of LabVIEW will solve that.