VI Analyzer result file

g_sures

Hi all,

Is it possible to use result file from VI Analyzer 2010 in VI Analyzer for LabVIEW 8.6?

I tried but the failure node was not opened respective to the occurrence selection. it throws error message when clicked. But works fine with 2010.

Is there any format to use in 8.6 or any conversion methods?

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Suresh Kumar.G

Hi all,

Is it possible to use result file from VI Analyzer 2010 in VI Analyzer for LabVIEW 8.6?

I tried but the failure node was not opened respective to the occurrence selection. it throws error message when clicked. But works fine with 2010.

Is there any format to use in 8.6 or any conversion methods?

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Suresh Kumar.G

I assume you are talking about a *.rsl file that you save after running a VI Analyzser test in LabVIEW 2010.

I have not actually tried this but as the 2010 VI Analyzser has new extra tests in it that the 8.6 Analyzser will know nothing about I would not expect it to be backwards compatable.

What are you actually aiming to do here, it will be easier to offer help / suggestions

I assume you are talking about a *.rsl file that you save after running a VI Analyzser test in LabVIEW 2010.

I have not actually tried this but as the 2010 VI Analyzser has new extra tests in it that the 8.6 Analyzser will know nothing about I would not expect it to be backwards compatable.

What are you actually aiming to do here, it will be easier to offer help / suggestions

Hi,

I already have the code in 8.6 and like to maintain in the same. I need to fix the issues from the rsl file got from VI Analyzer 2010. No need for 8.6-2010-8.6 conversion.

Is it possible if we use same tests in both 2010 and 8.6?

Thanks,

Suresh

Hi,

I already have the code in 8.6 and like to maintain in the same. I need to fix the issues from the rsl file got from VI Analyzer 2010. No need for 8.6-2010-8.6 conversion.

Is it possible if we use same tests in both 2010 and 8.6?

Thanks,

Suresh

Sorry Suresh, but I am being very slow here and I still do not quite get what you are asking.

So your LabVIEW code is written in LabVIEW 8.6 ? You are loading up you code into LabVIEW 2010 and then running the VI Analyzer ? saving the *.rsl file and then starting up LabVIEW 8.6 and trying to load the rsl file ?

LabVIEW compatibility matrix look about halfway down, it looks like you cannot do what you want to do.

I just tried a simple use case on my machine and it worked fine. I saved a VI in LabVIEW 8.6. I ran the VI Analyzer on that VI in 2010. I saved the .rsl file next to the VI. I opened 8.6 and loaded the .rsl file, and was able to highlight failure results without errors.

Do you have the VI Analyzer Toolkit installed in both LabVIEWs? Are you highlighting test results for tests that are present in both versions (some tests were added in 2009 and 2010)? Are you keeping the .rsl file in the same place? The .rsl file stores VI paths relative to itself, so the .rsl file shouldn't move after you save it.

That's all I can think of...if you're still having problems, can you zip up a really simple example that illustrates the problem and I can investigate it further?

-D