INI files and cRIO

superslug

This is probably a stupid question but is there any way to store and load values from a config file on a cRIO?

Same way you do on Windows. The standard file functions work normally on the cRIO using Windows-style paths; the internal flash drive is C:.

This is probably a stupid question but is there any way to store and load values from a config file on a cRIO?

thanks,

Bernard

Hi Benard

Yes you can certainly do that.

The Native LabVIEW Config API works as well as LabVIEW XML, there are also some 3rd party API's too

I find file io speeds can vary on the embedded targets between options so you may want to do some benchmarking?

Cheers

-JG

JG,

The Native LabVIEW Config API works as well as LabVIEW XML

the XML palette doesn't appear for Real-time targets in my LabVIEW projects.

Did is miss something? I would love to use the build in XML parser without using 3rd party products.

Cheers,

Swen

the XML palette doesn't appear for Real-time targets in my LabVIEW projects.

Did is miss something? I would love to use the build in XML parser without using 3rd party products.

We use un/flatten to XML a bit - but its more to convert a e.g. class/cluster from disk and e.g. load it into the application.

However, yes, I am guessing that the Xpath functions would not be available on Real Time.