New Page for the Class Properties Dialog?

JackDunaway

Has anyone attempted to add pages to the Class Properties Dialog (..\LabVIEW 2010\resource\Framework\Providers\VILibrary\LIBUIP_Properties_Dialog.vi)? It must be possible to add new pages since when I create a copy of the Wire Appearance page (..\LabVIEW 2010\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\libpropPage_WireDesignEditor.vi) it's enumerated twice.

I've already tried simply naming a file prepended with "libpropPage_", but the contract requires more than that. I have a hunch I'm going to need controls for "Page VI Data", "page synch rendezvous", "stop event in", and "page events in". (With a name like "page events in" I'm pretty sure reverse engineering is out of the question, perhaps a peek under the password-protected-hood? biggrin.gif)

post-17237-0-25456600-1292906523_thumb.p

Jack,

Can you describe your use case for wanting to add a page to the Library Properties dialog. In general we are hesitant allow additions to the development environment tools without understanding the possible applications.

In the case of the preferences dialog the purpose of publishing the template was to provide a method for creating your own preference dialog based on the same framework that LabVIEW uses, not to add additional pages to the LabVIEW options dialog.

Can you describe your use case for wanting to add a page to the Library Properties dialog. In general we are hesitant allow additions to the development environment tools without understanding the possible applications.

Thanks for replying!

Parameters for use cases are limited to making class modifications already available on the other tabs, just with a different user interface. This is just a personal project (certainly not commercial), but would gladly be shared with any others interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone have any success on this? I would like to add a page for annotating classes and class items such as methods. LabVIEW scripting provides a way of annotating items but these annotations are not exposed via LabVIEW IDE user interface. I would like to add a page similar to library items settings that would allow adding custom annotations to each item.

It counts if you are ready to leak the information, more or less privately :)

Seriously AQ, are you considering exposing the <Property Name="xxx" Type="yyy"></Property> tags to the library properties dialog as item and library annotations? I don't want to do duplicate work...

I'm just talking about opening up the property pages to extension... nothing to do with the property tags of the libraries themselves.