Loading NiDAQmx 9.2.1 messed up my executables

I just loaded NIDAQmx 9.2.1 (needed to support a new DAQ board) and it messed up my existing LV2009 executables. I'm getting the following errors:

"No supported languages intalled"

"Unable to open resource files"

I tried rebuilding the executable, but still get the same errors. What's going on? In the old days you could load new versions of NIDAQ without hosing up your system. I dread every time I try to update something now.

George

I just loaded NIDAQmx 9.2.1 (needed to support a new DAQ board) and it messed up my existing LV2009 executables. I'm getting the following errors:

I tried rebuilding the executable, but still get the same errors. What's going on? In the old days you could load new versions of NIDAQ without hosing up your system. I dread every time I try to update something now.

George

Woah! Flashback:

post-10325-020086300%201282622931_thumb.png

I had other crazy stuff happening too:

post-10325-084212900%201282634825_thumb.png

Bad news is that I had to ended up re-imaging the PC, fixing and uninstalling/installing LabVIEW did not help.

Cheers

-JG

Oh man if I have to do that I might as well just go home now.

Do you know how long a an uninstall (of every module and toolkit) takes! :) You are better off blitzing the whole thing IMHO.

Although I never figured out the exact cause of the problem (which annoys me).

But I only ever saw it once.

My executables did work fine on other machines tho, have you tried that?

It was like my run time was all messed up!

George

You can try to add support for East-Asian languages to Windows.

This solved the issue we had in MAX (it was not possible to configure any RT target after changing to the new MAX built with Silverlight).

/J

I ended up doing a repair of LV and that fixed it. Probably something with the RTE was messed up. I certainly don't care to investigate further.

I don't understand what language had to do with the problem. I only ever select English. For some reason the installer insists on adding tons of other language support. I swear the installer would be half the size if NI would only give you the language you ask for.

George