Wiring issues

To simple questions I'd like to get some ideas/experience:

Q1: How to create a tunnel? For ShiftRegisters (Child Class of Tunnel), there is a method Loop.Add ShiftRegister. For a simple tunnel, I didn't find one. Is it as simple as just to wire through the structures boundary?

Q2: Creating a broken wire. The create wires metjod needs a sink Term to be called, but how to create a loose end? I was thinking about creating a temporal variant control (indicator) terminal to wire it 'valid' first and then delet the variant.

Felix

Q1: How to create a tunnel? For ShiftRegisters (Child Class of Tunnel), there is a method Loop.Add ShiftRegister. For a simple tunnel, I didn't find one. Is it as simple as just to wire through the structures boundary?

I believe the answer is that if you wire from one diagram to the next, it will automatically create a tunnel for you, much like when wiring on an actual diagram. I am unsure about wiring to a structure boundary. Normally, when wiring, I just drop both nodes and then wire from terminal to terminal. I am pretty sure that it is impossible to just create a tunnel on a structure; unwired tunnels typically are removed by type prop.

Q2: Creating a broken wire. The create wires metjod needs a sink Term to be called, but how to create a loose end? I was thinking about creating a temporal variant control (indicator) terminal to wire it 'valid' first and then delet the variant.

I think that the wiring scripting methods were not created with "bad wiring" in mind. My guess would be that you cannot create a loose end through a wiring method, but rather like you would on an actual diagram, like you discussed.

I believe the answer is that if you wire from one diagram to the next, it will automatically create a tunnel for you, much like when wiring on an actual diagram. I am unsure about wiring to a structure boundary. Normally, when wiring, I just drop both nodes and then wire from terminal to terminal. I am pretty sure that it is impossible to just create a tunnel on a structure; unwired tunnels typically are removed by type prop.

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

I did some testing tonight, I could create a broken wire with a tunnel in the middle. :yes:

I think that the wiring scripting methods were not created with "bad wiring" in mind. My guess would be that you cannot create a loose end through a wiring method, but rather like you would on an actual diagram, like you discussed.

I'm aware that it is a pretty unusal idea to script broken wires.:ph34r:

Felix