motion control and image processing

Hello.I am currently doing a project which is using an x-y plotter to draw the contours of an image but i dont really know what to do. I have managed to get the plotter to draw a sine wave and a spiral graph by using a mathscript node within labview to do this. i was wondering does anybody know how to take an image from a webcam and process it in such a way that the plotter will be able to draw it. can this be done with a mathscript node in labview perhaps?

thanks.

Yes i have the vision module but i dont have enough experiance with labview to produce a program like this. can you help me out. I saw an artical that sujested using edge detection thresholding and the magic wand tool and then converting this to some coordinate system??????? but i have no clue what to do here please help if you can thanks..

Yes i have the vision module but i dont have enough experiance with labview to produce a program like this. can you help me out. I saw an artical that sujested using edge detection thresholding and the magic wand tool and then converting this to some coordinate system??????? but i have no clue what to do here please help if you can thanks..

Do you have Vision Builder? You would have to do a fair amount of poking about, but it's a very powerful tool to determine what you need to do (plus you can export LabVIEW code).

People may be able to offer some suggestions if you can post an image of what you're trying to work with. That being said, image processing can take a lot of time-devouring playing about and tweaking in both software and physical setup of your camera and light source.

Tim