PBKDF2 implementation in LabVIEW?

Does anyone know of a PBKDF2 implementation in LabVIEW or know of a version that can be called from LabVIEW? I am doing testing of WiFi securities and it would be helpful if I could generate the keys given the pass phrase. At the moment I have to do this manually via web sites. I would like to be able to do this automatically in the code itself.

Hi, I do not know about any PBKDF2 implementations, however I did find some help from Google. I looked for PBKDF2 and found a page that computes this, returning the result to the user. (Second listed: http://anandam.name/pbkdf2/) The source of that page is fairly easy to follow, and I am not a Java programmer either. The PBKDF2 seams to be a very specific way of using the SHA-1 encryption. (I could be wrong, I spent a whole 2min looking around, and have never used PBKDF2 before) There are SHA-1 LabVIEW implementations available. (http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10292) Using both of the source of http://anandam.name/pbkdf2/pbkdf2.js as an example and the SHA-1 implementation, you may have some luck. Good luck.

Does anyone know of a PBKDF2 implementation in LabVIEW or know of a version that can be called from LabVIEW? I am doing testing of WiFi securities and it would be helpful if I could generate the keys given the pass phrase. At the moment I have to do this manually via web sites. I would like to be able to do this automatically in the code itself.

Maybe you could use .NET ?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.cryptography.rfc2898derivebytes(v=VS.80).aspx

Any clue how I can use this in LabVIEW? This call is in the .NET 4 framework. I installed that version of .NET but I don't see it as an option when configuring the Invoke Node in LabVIEW. I don't see any of the .NET 4 calls at all. And yes, I rebooted the computer.

Any clue how I can use this in LabVIEW? This call is in the .NET 4 framework. I installed that version of .NET but I don't see it as an option when configuring the Invoke Node in LabVIEW. I don't see any of the .NET 4 calls at all. And yes, I rebooted the computer.

Try importing this to a diagram.

Ooops. REalised you're using 8.x

Here's the vi saved to previous

Edited by ShaunR

LabVIEW does not support .NET versions later than 2.0 directly. See here The link I posted before should be for the 2.0 assembly.

I usually find myself using the browse function and navigating to the 2.0.??.?? of the mscorlib.llb that this type of function resides in. The link above contains a link on how to configure a project/.exe to use a specific version of an assembly for compability on older machines that have not loaded the latest.

LabVIEW does not support .NET versions later than 2.0 directly. See here The link I posted before should be for the 2.0 assembly.

I usually find myself using the browse function and navigating to the 2.0.??.?? of the mscorlib.llb that this type of function resides in. The link above contains a link on how to configure a project/.exe to use a specific version of an assembly for compability on older machines that have not loaded the latest.

Wanted to understand the encryption process a bit better book.gif. This VI is not production quality, but it does encrypt and decrypt the data...

PBKDF2.vi (LabVIEW 8.6)

• 3 years later...