High-visibility LV applications

PaulG.

Oh yes getting back to that topic!

I do have one app that I developed that does have high visability but I can not post a link since all of the LV generated screens require a password to get at them. SO I'll tel you about it but I can't prove it. The app used BridgeVIEW (upgrading to DSC has been discussed but differnces in DSC require a lot of work to jump to DSC) running on multiple machines to use a variety of network connections to storage facilites around the world and maintain a record of availabe stores as apart of a Just in Time Inventory system. THe customer DB was queried for silos that needed updates (this allowed using multiple machines and adding more nodes to support more load), the devies were polled and the DB updated. Custom graphics featured BV graphics of silos bins etc. A custom image rendered the number of units on hand as a palette with a 3d bar scaled to rep the quatity. Product usage was monitored and low levels triggered e-mails to the sales dept to get a new order started. every customer has access to their own facilities (I did not do the web-interaface, we were the back-end) where the BV generated images could be viewed.

Many of the de-icing silos at air ports are watched by this system.

I'd love to post a link or an image. The next time I get a password to check on an issues, I'll try to get a scrubbed up screen shot.

But is that story true?

:rolleyes::beer_mug:

Ben

I was watching "The Gadget Show" earlier where they were they were trying to get a football to break the sound barrier...yeah right laugh.gif

Anyhoo.

One of their attempts was using a high-g-gun that is usually used for crash testing to shoot cars along a rail (this is at MIRA) . They attached a football boot to it and shot the sled at a ball.They didn't say, but it looks to me like LV. Only Labview programmers are able to come up with these sorts of colour schemes for UIs laugh.gif

The Gadget Show Video

It appears about 3/4 of the way through.

So here's something neat - ERLPhase sells recorder and relay systems that monitor and partially control pretty-much all of the electrical grids world-wide. Guess who made the test systems that test them before the go online?

post-181-0-53657500-1295450729_thumb.gif

note: the rack isn't that short - the guy standing next to it has been photoshopped in :)