rotating indicators

labc

Hi,Guys,

If I hidden the Yingyang indicator, the other 2 indicators would not rotate when I click button Rotate. However, if Yinyang indicator is visible, I can control "big" and "small" to rotate via that button.

This is interesting, and is it due to FP can't update itself?

(LabVIEW8.6, XP SP3)

Thanks.

post-9543-0-89774200-1294805055_thumb.jp

rotating indicators.zip

Edited by labc

This is interesting, and is it due to FP can't update itself?

(LabVIEW8.6, XP SP3)

Thanks.

post-9543-0-89774200-1294805055_thumb.jp

rotating indicators.zip

I can reproduce this in LabVIEW 8.6 but not in LabVIEW 2009.

My guess is that LabVIEW 2009 handles mulitple UI events better than 8.6; if you make sure that the property node is written before updating the indicators, it seems to work in LV8.6 as well.

/J

I can reproduce this in LabVIEW 8.6 but not in LabVIEW 2009.

My guess is that LabVIEW 2009 handles mulitple UI events better than 8.6; if you make sure that the property node is written before updating the indicators, it seems to work in LV8.6 as well.

/J

Thanks, Mellroth.

I'm so confused it seems the big one rotating is related to the smallest one in my LabVIEW 8.6+XP SP3.

Actually, I want to use only one indicator, the big one,to show my testing is running. When it's rotating, user would know the testing is running, and testing is done or aborted if it's static. The rest two indicators aren't necessary.

BTW, I didn't find this is a known bug from here.

Edited by labc

Thanks, Mellroth.

I'm so confused it seems the big one rotating is related to the smallest one in my LabVIEW 8.6+XP SP3.

Actually, I want to use only one indicator, the big one,to show my testing is running. When it's rotating, user would know the testing is running, and testing is done or aborted if it's static. The rest two indicators aren't necessary.

BTW, I didn't find this is a known bug from here.

Just now, I tested it in LabVIEW 2010, my vi works well even without the Yinyang indicator. So it might be a bug.

Or somebody please try once more in LabVIEW 8.6,thanks in advance.

I'll try to consult NI.

Edited by labc

NI Engineer replied me via mail,

I have read your post in the forum and have reproduced the problem with LV8.6.1 . I suspect it is an undocumented bug but fixed in LV2009/10. If 8.6 is your development platform, I suggest a workaround to the problem by using GIF images with invisible tab controls. Please see the attached example code.

example.vi