configuring Fielpoints and

nejlam

HI,

Here is the situation:

I have 4 Fieldpoints(FP1601, FP-TB10, and 2 FP-TC120) connected to a chamber and to my computer. I have Thermocouples going to my FP-TC 120 to read Temperature inside the chamber.

I have configured the Fieldpoints with Fieldpoint explorer and everything looks right. I have the right IP address configured and the Fieldpoint explorer is reading the right temperature off the Thermocouples.

But then i have my LabView, which the codes, read the temperature and also controls it (heat it, cool it and controlling the fans) and i have my iak file (Fieldpoint explorer file) saved in my LabView codes and when i run it, LabView reads totally off temperature! :!:

i feel like the LabView is not communicating with Fieldpoints. is there a way to know if my LabView is communicating or not? how? Does LabView have IP address like the Fieldpoint explorer so i can check that?

please somebody explain me if it makes sense?

:worship:

If you're using the IAK file, then the IP address is embedded in there. By opening the IAK file (with the FPOpen VI (or if you leave it unwired it uses the last opened IAK file on your computer)), you gain access to the fieldpoint values. To access values you need to set the correct tags to read. If you read the "all" tag then you might not get what you expect.

Also look at the error cluster, if there's an error the default value might be returned.

thanks, that was helpful :)

If you're using the IAK file, then the IP address is embedded in there. By opening the IAK file (with the FPOpen VI (or if you leave it unwired it uses the last opened IAK file on your computer)), you gain access to the fieldpoint values. To access values you need to set the correct tags to read. If you read the "all" tag then you might not get what you expect.

Also look at the error cluster, if there's an error the default value might be returned.

1512[/snapback]