DigitalPersona Fingerprint Driver

Greetings,

I recently purchased a DigitalPersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint scanner and would like to integrate it into labview for various purposes. Using the free SDK that DP provides I was able to quickly create some test code (attached here) but thus far I am unable to get it to work. Specifically I am using their ActiveX external code but I am not necessarily tied into that as they also provide .NET and few others in their SDK for interop.

Can anyone shed some light on what I am doing wrong? I am guessing it has something to do with the event handler.

Just some background:

Fingerprint scanner

SDK download

Any help is greatly appreciated.

post-8458-0-40986200-1294873696_thumb.pn

Greetings,

I recently purchased a DigitalPersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint scanner and would like to integrate it into labview for various purposes. Using the free SDK that DP provides I was able to quickly create some test code (attached here) but thus far I am unable to get it to work. Specifically I am using their ActiveX external code but I am not necessarily tied into that as they also provide .NET and few others in their SDK for interop.

Can anyone shed some light on what I am doing wrong? I am guessing it has something to do with the event handler.

Just some background

Fingerprint scanner

SDK download

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well. Theres a lengthy form for downloading the sdk and you didn't include the call-back vi (was that supplied by the sdk?) so my input is probably going to be limited......but.

What are you expecting it to do?

Your while loop is just going to go round until you press the button, thats all you have really asked it to do. Unless there is communication from the call-back event to your VI (via a queue, event or something similar), you aren't going to be able to get any info back from it when it is actioned. A callback is called asynchronously and is a separate process to your VI

The first thing I would check is that the call-back is actually being called. You can do that easily just by putting a dialogue prompt in it so that if it is called a dialogue will appear. If that works, then you can uses an event or queue to send whatever information is received (in the callback) back to your main VI.

• 2 weeks later...