Conflict resolution

decisions decisions...

I bet you can't select to use either one (I noticed the "Use Selected Item" button was greyed out).

Yep, the problem went away when I quit LV...

Let the force guide you my son.

If I get lightning, I'm going dark side. Sorry.

Well you are waiting...on an error...hmmm how Common is that????

Someday, Wait (ms) may have error terminals. :beer_mug:

I added VI wrappers with error terminals for Wait (ms), Wait Until Next ms Multiple, and Tick Count in LV 2011. Look for them in vi.lib\Utility\timing. They're not the ideal solution, but until we get error terminals on the primitives, at least we can stop having to worry about maintaining our own copies.

-D

I would suggest replacing them in the palette (like the space constant ;) '). I've been using my ones for over 10 years so it's not really a maintenance issue, I appreciate the thought, but really the primitives need to be changed.

Edited by ShaunR
  • 2 months later...

Looks like I spoke too soon. Based on some beta feedback, and after discussing the issue further in-house, I will not be including these VIs in 2011. Hopefully, we'll see native support for the error terminals on the primitives themselves in a future LabVIEW version (go vote for this idea if you haven't already). For posterity, here are the VIs I *almost* shipped in 2011, zipped up and saved in LV 2010. :) And of course, there's also the option of using the OpenG Time Tools VIs.

-D

timing.zip

Looks like I spoke too soon. Based on some beta feedback, and after discussing the issue further in-house, I will not be including these VIs in 2011. Hopefully, we'll see native support for the error terminals on the primitives themselves in a future LabVIEW version.

Time for another campaign? :)