CLD example review

Hi everyone,

I have started preparing for CLD. This is my first try with Car wash example.

Please spare your some time for my example and tell me few tips, corrections.

I know there will be many points, may be bugs in my program. Also let me know how I can avoid using local variables and still update "Wash Options" control.

I have two local variables. How bad effect it will have on scoring ?

Also let me know if you will give me passing score or not out of 40.

I hope there are less bugs.16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Gaurav k

CLAD Certified !!!!!

100929-01.pdf

CLD Car wash.zip

• 2 months later...

I know there will be many points, may be bugs in my program. Also let me know how I can avoid using local variables and still update "Wash Options" control.

I have two local variables. How bad effect it will have on scoring ?

Gaurav,

I'm not sure a couple of local variables would hurt your score all that much. If you really wanted to avoid using those you could make sure you've set the default values for all controls in the entry console, then create an invoke node for your cluster to reinit all to default values.

I think it's not a bad idea to have separate folders for your controls and subVIs as illustrated in the sample exam solutions.

You could consider using a typdef enum for your case selection. It might be faster to code than using strings, but I don't know that they would take away points for this.

I didn't check functionality/bugs, but at first glance it looks pretty clean and well documented.

Good luck!

Eric

I would use a project file but I don't know if that makes a difference for your score. Your timer uses the tick count function. There is always a risk of a rollover. Get date time in seconds is much better. Just add a to double to it so you can do comparisons. I don't know what I would give for a score but I would definitely give you a passing grade.