Getting data from a subpanel

Hi,

I want to open a VI in a subpanel in my main VI. Then, I need to enter some values, filenames, etc in the text and numeric fields in the subpanel's VI and use them for displaying some data in the main VI and/or one more subpanel. Right now I am able to just open the VI in the subpanel but I am not able to do any operation with it. I tried making a connector pane for sub VI, but all the nodes are acting as input nodes only. Then I made a text control in the main VI and connected it to one of the text indicator fields in the subVI. But when I enter a string in the main VI, it's not getting displayed in the subVI. Please help me to overcome this problem and let me know how get values from the text and numeric fields, buttons in the subVI and use them in the main VI.

Regards,

Srini.

And finaly here is example diagramfor read from SubPanel:

SubVI_FP_ReadCtrld.png

Previous diagram has an error pointed at actual diagram - works better :)

You should know what kind of data will you read and connect right type to Variant To Data finction.

regards

Mikrobi

1490[/snapback]

Hi,

In the example you have sent, you are controlling the subVI from a control in the main VI and then displaying the selected control. In my application, I just want to read the data entered in the subVI and display that in the main VI. Can I adopt your way even for my case? Actually I am not very clear with your inner while loop. Please help me.

Thanx & Regards,

Srini.