Setting default diagram free labels color

I've seen this somewhere a few years back but haven't been able to figure it out recently. I want to change my default free labels to have a light yellow background and a black border. I like that style for comments a lot. I thought this could be done via the LabVIEW options, but It's obviously not there. Then I remember someone created a palette item which you could drop on the diagram to do this. Any ideas?

This would be a great feature to have built into LabVIEW. But actually a better code commenting tool is sorely needed anyway.

I've seen this somewhere a few years back but haven't been able to figure it out recently. I want to change my default free labels to have a light yellow background and a black border. I like that style for comments a lot. I thought this could be done via the LabVIEW options, but It's obviously not there. Then I remember someone created a palette item which you could drop on the diagram to do this. Any ideas?

This would be a great feature to have built into LabVIEW. But actually a better code commenting tool is sorely needed anyway.

My version is set as you describe (yellow with a grey border for BD labels, LV 2009 and 10). My problem is that I can't remember how I did it an cannot change it back blink.gif. But it is possible :)

I'll have a play and see if I stumble across it again :P

My LabVIEW default is yellow with black border. I think there is an option to toggle between transparent and the above. Anyways, I have a package that contains various comment styles amongst other things. I even have one called 'JKI comment' which is the bold title with plain text comment underneath, all centered. I really like that one. Crelf told me to use the OpenG one though, cause that's what real programmers use :)

• Like 1
Crelf told me to use the OpenG one though, cause that's what real programmers use :)

tru dat, boy howdy. Yes, I use the OpenG freetext label for comments, although I'd prefer its default text to have no spaces so a simple double click selects everything between the /* & */ and I can start typing to replace it (Hint: suggestion for the next release of the OpenG Strings package).

post-181-0-73400000-1296147868_thumb.gif

Back to the issue at hand - if you change the font settings with nothing selected it will persist for all new freelabels. I'm not sure how to do the background colors.

Actually, it is. In the BD page, there's a transparent free labels check box.

Aaaah! Seriously? thumbup1.gif

That's it. I just never clicked on that setting before. I just assumed that if it wasn't transparent then it would be white. I guess at some point in the past, NI decided to make free labels yellow. Because I swear they used to be white with black borders.

Anyway. Thanks for forcing me to try it.

I think there is an option to toggle between transparent and the above.

Actually, it is. In the BD page, there's a transparent free labels check box.

Thats pretty much what I said... and I get no kudos :(, shucks...

(Hint: suggestion for the next release of the OpenG Strings package).

Noted.