No DAQmx VIs after LV2010 install

I just upgraded from LV2009 to LV2010. I installed the DAQ device drivers as well. I can't find any DAQmx VIs. Measurement and Automation Explorer says that NI-DAQmx version 9.2.1f2 is installed. But in LabVIEW there are no DAQmx VIs. What else do I need to install?

I've been installing upgrades for several years and have never run into this before. NI says it's because the DAQ drivers were installed previously and that I need to uninstall my hardware, reinstall the drivers, then reinstall hardware and reboot. That's just silly. Why can't it install some VIs if there's hardware in the system?

George

Maybe a stupid question but I assume you checked 'LabVIEW 2010 IDE support' or whatever during the DAQmx install? Normally, upgrading is fine in my experience. On a side note, with the latest DAQmx drivers, on an upgrade you don't have to uninstall the old one manually - I really liked that new feature.

Maybe a stupid question but I assume you checked 'LabVIEW 2010 IDE support' or whatever during the DAQmx install? Normally, upgrading is fine in my experience. On a side note, with the latest DAQmx drivers, on an upgrade you don't have to uninstall the old one manually - I really liked that new feature.

I figured it out. I had loaded DAQmx 9.2.1 when I still had LV2009. My LV2010 DVDs were from August and had an older DAQmx. So when I loaded the Device Drivers from my LV2010 DVDs it didn't install anything.

George

I figured it out. I had loaded DAQmx 9.2.1 when I still had LV2009. My LV2010 DVDs were from August and had an older DAQmx. So when I loaded the Device Drivers from my LV2010 DVDs it didn't install anything.

George

So it wasn't a stupid question!

Don't worry - I have been caught out with that one before :)