making some changes in the code

nejlam

hi,

let me explain it clearly first:

i am using the code for a chamber who reads the temperature and controls it

then( heat it and cool it down many times for testing) for another chamber.

the original chamber that the codes were written for is used for testings in

lower temperatures and lower rates. but now that i want to use the same codes

for this new chamber(Sun chamber) i have to make some changes to give it this

ability to go higher on temperature and also go higher faster(rate). (for

testing)

do you guys have any suggestions how i can do this? :question:

thanks

nejla

hi,

let me explain it clearly first:

i am using the code for a chamber who reads the temperature and controls it

then( heat it and cool it down many times for testing) for another chamber.

the original chamber that the codes were written for is used for testings in

lower temperatures and lower rates. but now that i want to use the same codes

for this new chamber(Sun chamber) i have to make some changes to give it this

ability to go higher on temperature and also go higher faster(rate). (for

testing)

do you guys have any suggestions how i can do this? :question:

thanks

nejla

1502[/snapback]

nejla,

I am assuming you are doing some thermal testing in a hvac chamber. Your question is a bit vague, what rates are you controlling. I am certain if you look into the previous codes the previous sw developer probably imposed some limits to the control values. By adjusting these limits. There is probably a ramp rate that you might look into, and temperature limits.

vince

Hi Vince,

thanks for your reply.

Yes i am doing thermal testing. so we put a piece of something in the chamber and we want it to reach to specific temperature(first hot) with some spesific rate(speed) the temp is going up, untill it reaches the hold temperature assigned and then it will hold in that temperature for some time(for ex. 20 min.) and when it reaches the desired max hottest temp. the solenoid kicks in and the same process happens in cooling direction.

there are some limits for max and min temperature in the code, but there are indicators and i won't be able to change it. so it only calculates the them and shows it in the front panel. i was gonna change the indicators to control, (which i know i will get bad wire) so i wanted to take advantage of Local variables, but i wasn't sure how?!

do you have any ideas?

is it more clear?

nejla

nejla,

I am assuming you are doing some thermal testing in a hvac chamber.  Your question is a bit vague, what rates are you controlling.  I am certain if you look into the previous codes the previous sw developer probably imposed some limits to the control values.  By adjusting these limits.  There is probably a ramp rate that you might look into, and temperature limits.

vince

1504[/snapback]

Hi Vince,

thanks for your reply.

Yes i am doing thermal testing. so we put a piece of something in the chamber and we want it to reach to specific temperature(first hot) with some spesific rate(speed) the temp is going up, untill it reaches the hold temperature assigned and then it will hold in that temperature for some time(for ex. 20 min.) and when it reaches the desired max hottest temp. the solenoid kicks in and the same process happens in cooling direction.

there are some limits for max and min temperature in the code, but there are indicators and i won't be able to change it. so it only calculates the them and shows it in the front panel. i was gonna change the indicators to control, (which i know i will get bad wire) so i wanted to take advantage of Local variables, but i wasn't sure how?!

do you have any ideas?

is it more clear?

nejla

1520[/snapback]

Hey nejla,

:oops: I meant hivac chamber for latter response. Anyhow, how are you guys controlling the heating rates, and cooling rates? I'm sure there are some algorithm you guys are running. There are some max, and min limits for the code... that's good. I guess that is a starting point. Try to locate how it is retrieved... is there a file where all the data is retrieved?? In regards to the temperature hold, there is going to be some sort power you guys are drawing it should dictate how hot your tc gets. If you can maintain the power, then viola you've just maintained the temperature.