Competitors Guide to Sabotaging NI

Mr Mike

Method 1. Make it snow.

The attached picture is actually from last year when it snowed in Austin.

It snowed last night (a whopping 3/4"). I'd put up a new picture, but there's nothing to take a picture of since the office is pretty much empty!

Do you have any other strange ways a competitor might try to take out NI? :rolleyes:

post-17894-0-57929400-1296835788_thumb.j

• Like 1

:blink: I thought you were joking when you said it was empty there with 3/4'' of snow. Apparently this is being called snowpocalypse (taken at 8AM). And this was the site at 12:45PM. I heard there was over 200 accidents in San Antonio by 9:30?

I'm sure you're probably sick of hearing the whole "You only got an inch and had 200 accidents! We have XXX feet and I was fine." so I won't give my version. But oddly enough it took less time coming into work Wednesday then it did Thursday because Thursday there were more people on the road going half the speed limit, when on Wednesday I was mostly alone.

Method 1. Make it snow.

It snowed last night (a whopping 3/4"). I'd put up a new picture, but there's nothing to take a picture of since the office is pretty much empty!

Do you have any other strange ways a competitor might try to take out NI? :rolleyes:

A couple of ideas come to mind.

1)

Judging by how often the titles people have change the competion could sneak in and lift the needle off the record* and let everyone scramble for a new chair.

2)

Put an offical looking sign out front that reads "Nobody that appears to be older than 30 permitted beyond this point."

Ben

*Well that is how we played musical chairs when I was a kid.

Put an offical looking sign out front that reads "Nobody that appears to be older than 30 permitted beyond this point."

NI employees know no barriers! I should have been clearer in my orignal post: my inbox was filled with emails from coworkers saying they'd be working from home today ;)

I'm sure you're probably sick of hearing the whole "You only got an inch and had 200 accidents! We have XXX feet and I was fine."

It's all about what you're used to. I've spent my entire life in central and south Texas. I have no clue how to drive a vehicle when the roads are icy, and I don't even try. And I'm not afraid to admit it.

...but then again, I can also spend the entire day outside in July when it's 105 and not drop dead.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

-D

It's all about what you're used to. I've spent my entire life in central and south Texas. I have no clue how to drive a vehicle when the roads are icy, and I don't even try. And I'm not afraid to admit it.

That and preparation. Most people there probably have summer tires, which are terrible in cold weather with or without snow. Add in even a fraction of an inch of the white stuff and you might as well have ice skates for wheels. I ruined a rim, wheel, and joint one year because I got caught in the first snow fall with my summer rubber on (Boston area), and I have twenty years of snow driving under my belt. All wheel drive, ABS, TCS, ETC don't matter if your tires are frozen with no grip...

:blink: I thought you were joking when you said it was empty there with 3/4'' of snow. Apparently this is being called snowpocalypse (taken at 8AM). And this was the site at 12:45PM. I heard there was over 200 accidents in San Antonio by 9:30?

Just to clarify, in the vein of assigning a news-worthy name to every event, 'snowpocalypse' is being thrown out there, but even Texans realize that this is more in fun than being a serious description of 3/4" of snow. The real snowpocalypse does not start until there's at least 2" of snow. ;)

My commute on Friday (I grew up in Canada so I can not in good conscience stay home when there is a little snow on the ground):

gallery_3370_24_308272.jpg

Method 1. Make it snow.

Silverlight. tongue.gif

You should be more afraid about the snow melting. We had that in Germany this year. A brilliant white chrismas followed by a fast incraese of temperature. A lot of water going downstreams....

But seriously, don't underestimate this! I live at the edge of the black forest (and also close to the swiss alps) and we did laugh last year about the traffic chaos in other parts of germany (as mentioned, have the right tyres and even snow chains). We have a small 'river' flowing through the town. If the summer is very hot, it's too dry to get your feet cooled down. But this year, even before the big melt I mentioned earlier, someone drowned in that 'river'. Even if nature here is propably the most tamed one in the world, take care about the power...

Felix