Simple PI (no D needed) control without Real-Time?

Looking to control mass flow from feedback via coriolis meter. Proportional and Integral by themselves would do (no Differential). Looking to build it without the PIDs found only in Real-Time module. Found an ancient example in NI called Simple PID. Here it is...

The ancient example in LV 5.

But it is so very ancient that LV 2010 refuses to load it. I presume that's what I might have needed. Where can I find something like that, only newer?

Edited by Gan Uesli Starling

Looking to control mass flow from feedback via coriolis meter. Proportional and Integral by themselves would do (no Differential). Looking to build it without the PIDs found only in Real-Time module. Found an ancient example in NI called Simple PID. Here it is...

The ancient example in LV 5.

But it is so very ancient that LV 2010 refuses to load it. I presume that's what I might have needed. Where can I find something like that, only newer?

Simple PID controller just set the derivative to 0.

I'm not sure what Real-Time has do to with this; do you have access to NI's PID Toolkit? If you do, that's definitely the easiest way to go, and it works on any LabVIEW platform.

If not, there used to be PID example distributed with Traditional NI-DAQ. It may have been removed in recent versions - I haven't installed Traditional NI-DAQ in a long time - but you could probably find it in an older install, from version 7.1 or so (which you should be able to load in a more recent version of LabVIEW).

Simple PID controller just set the derivative to 0.

That built up nicely. Thank you!

As for Real-Time, we have it on some stations but not on others. I found the PIDs only on the Real-Time installations, not on the 2010 Full Development ones. And I was wanting a single closed-loop feedback control which would work for all.

I'm mostly self-taught in LabVIEW, so know mostly only what has worked for me to date. I write my VIs by guess and by gosh then debug them by trial and error. When that doesn't work I beg enlightenment form they who know. Thanks.

Edited by Gan Uesli Starling