Beta testing

PaulG.

I've done my fair share, uh, um, more than my fair share of bitching about LV lately and decided to sign up for beta testing. My current project is a cRIO system we intend to access remotely via FTP and I'll be doing most of the beta testing using this project. I would like to beat the snot out 2011. What better place for direction than here? worshippy.gif Thoughts? Experiences? Advice? Thanks in advance.

I've done my fair share, uh, um, more than my fair share of bitching about LV lately and decided to sign up for beta testing. My current project is a cRIO system we intend to access remotely via FTP and I'll be doing most of the beta testing using this project. I would like to beat the snot out 2011. What better place for direction than here? worshippy.gif Thoughts? Experiences? Advice? Thanks in advance.

I am only guessing here - when you say "we intend to" means you haven't started coding the project yet but will start in LabVIEW 2011???

I guess it depends on you critical the job is but I wouldn't do this at all:

If you run into any issues (and from experience I have had are more issues with RT/FPGA than Desktop LabVIEW) then you have no where to go.

If you develop in a version you consider stable and you know what you have to do works, then you can always upgrade at some point, test it, then rollback using SCC if needed.

If you develop code that depends on a feature in 2011 and you get burnt somewhere else you may find yourself in a tricky spot.