web server

sydney

I am reading a couple of tutorials on deploying an application as a web service and noticed that the instructions obviously are for a windows environment and refer to using the Silverlight browser plug-in to 'enable and configure the Application web server'. I am using LabVIEW 2010 PDS on a linux machine and will need instructions on how to do this on a linux machine.

I am reading a couple of tutorials on deploying an application as a web service and noticed that the instructions obviously are for a windows environment and refer to using the Silverlight browser plug-in to 'enable and configure the Application web server'. I am using LabVIEW 2010 PDS on a linux machine and will need instructions on how to do this on a linux machine.

The web services feature is not supported on Linux. You can only deploy the web service from a Windows machine and only deploy to a Windows or RT machine. If for some reason you need to do the configuration part from Linux then you may try the Moonlight plugin instead (http://www.mono-project.com/Moonlight). It is meant to be a replacement of Silverlight for Mac and Linux. I have no idea whether the configuration utility works in Moonlight, but it's worth a shot. I'm not sure if that's really useful to you, though, if you can't deploy from or to Linux anyway.