Can I open an additional front panel?

Ducc

Hi,

I've made a user interface that is clean and simple. It really works quite well. I've hard-coded the commands and options we never use (with no real possibility of using them in the future), and made decisions for the user (Should I automatically save the images or not?) that I personally prefer. I am almost exclusively using this program, and the others have no complaints.

However, I'm not going to be around here forever. I'd like to include additional functionality (mostly in the form of set-and-forget options), but I despise the idea of cluttering up the front end.

Ideally, I would like to create an "Options" button that brings up a new window with settings that may be used in the future. I'd like a "Okay" button on that window that closes it (and uses the settings).

I can't figure out how to make a new window. Is this possible to do? If not, can you think of any way to "bring up and hide" a set of options without using a separate window? Maybe setting a group of objects to Visible or Invisible? Or setting the real interface to move off screen and bringing the options interface to the current user position?

Thanks for your help!

-James

1. Paste a sub-vi in your code.

2. On the sub-vi right click the icon and select VI Properties...

2.1 Select Category (pull-down menu of the new window) Window Appearance

2.2 click Customize...-button

2.3 select Show front panel when called and Close afterwards if originally closed

3. wire the code in the sub-vi.

Now when the sub-vi is called in the code of the main vi, then it pops up, until it has performed all code and then hides itself.

On the Examples (Menu: Help>Find Examples...) look e.g. at Dialog Box Demo.vi

Didier

• 3 weeks later...
1. Paste a sub-vi in your code.

2. On the sub-vi right click the icon and select VI Properties...

2.1 Select Category (pull-down menu of the new window) Window Appearance

2.2 click Customize...-button

2.3 select Show front panel when called and Close afterwards if originally closed

3. wire the code in the sub-vi.

Now when the sub-vi is called in the code of the main vi, then it pops up, until it has performed all code and then hides itself.

On the Examples (Menu: Help>Find Examples...) look e.g. at Dialog Box Demo.vi

Didier

1546[/snapback]

errm..sorry for this stupid question..actually how to paste a sub-vi in the code?i really zero in labview and i need your help to support me in doing my research project.Can you explain more about this matter.I used button to link these pages.Is it possible?Help me please....Thanks a lots...