How to know the available function's parameter list?

Hii everyone,

I want to perform image stitching on a set of four images taken from 4 camera (mounted 90° apart), for image stitching.

For this, I found an algorithm on internet (pano tools, Pano12.dll). Now the problem is, as there is not enough documentation/examples available, I'm unable to use the dll.

I tried using DLL Export Viewer by NirSoft to list all of the exported functions, but still unaware of parameter lists.

And also I'm new to 'calling external code' in LabVIEW.frusty.gif

Please help in this regard.

Thank you.biggrin.gif

Hii everyone,

I want to perform image stitching on a set of four images taken from 4 camera (mounted 90° apart), for image stitching.

For this, I found an algorithm on internet (pano tools, Pano12.dll). Now the problem is, as there is not enough documentation/examples available, I'm unable to use the dll.

I tried using DLL Export Viewer by NirSoft to list all of the exported functions, but still unaware of parameter lists.

Thank you.biggrin.gif

We can't help you with this. Without documentation for a particular function it's not possible to deduce its parameter list other than by trial and error and disassembling the function in question. Disassembling code is however in some jurisdiction a crime punishable to quite some extend, and it also doesn't guarantee that you find out everything about the possible parameters either.

So go and find the creator of that component and get better documentation from them. Failing that, look for a different component that is better documented. Sorry for the sad news but that is how this works and I can't perform magic.

Hi,

You could perform all the calculations yourself though. It's a matter of calculating for each pixel in the image at which pan & tilt angle it actually is, doing that for multiple images, then combine them and then calculating them back to a single picture. Most lenses are rectilinear (by approximation). It means a rectangular plane is projected as a rectangle on the sensor. You can use the arctangent function to calculate the angle. You'll need the pan & tilt angles to be able to do the combination. It's not without problems though, because no lens is perfect. But it can be done in an acceptable way (I did once manage to get it done a few years ago).

Joris

Hii everyone,

Thank you.biggrin.gif

Well. It's open source is it not? You only need to download the source and look at the function prototypes. It will also give you all the header files that you will need for passing structures.

Well. It's open source is it not? You only need to download the source and look at the function prototypes. It will also give you all the header files that you will need for passing structures.

Ohh dear a sourceforge project! :worshippy:

Well I simply assumed that someone resorting to API export applications for a DLL would certainly not do that for an open source library. Talk about hiring an expensive detective to find out about "secrets" that are in the public domain!!! :rolleyes: