Peer review - Data Acquisition read and write .vi

Hey all,

Just looking to get some online peer review since it's non-existant at my work.

I developed this program to do some data acquisition using a fleet of around 15 DAQ suitcases. The cases are loaded with cDAQ-9174's with a 9203 current module in them. I'm using a couple of pressure transducers, a couple of RTD's and a couple of differential pressure transducers per case, all run by USB back to an Acer Netbook that does the thinking.

It's pretty straight forward right now, but I'm open to any ideas for simplifacation or farkles.

Thanks in advance,

-Ian

SuitcaseTopLevel.vi

Flow Formula - Dwyer Averaging Pitot.vi

I do not think this VI will work as you have intended.

You have a Queue owning the consumer loop at the bottom of the VI, however, you have a state selector which responds to a shift registered enum.

This will create a situation where you will display the data you write, but you are junking 1/4 of the data each time. That case structure cannot enter your desired state until the signal is updated by your producer loop.

Perhaps you could place your dequeue operation inside your display state to create a lossless display/write cycle.

~Jon

Perhaps you could place your dequeue operation inside your display state to create a lossless display/write cycle.

Very good point that I hadn't even considered. I was unknowingly throwing away a bunch of update data, probably never noticed in this application since the update screen will only be there to act as a sanity check during install and the case will remain closed most of the time with it's screen off, but good idea for future programs where it could cause issues. Thanks for the heads up.

-Ian