François Normandin turns 1000!

jgcode

I love when LAVAer's post about other members, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... ...and today is no exception...

Congratulations to François Normandin for hitting 1000 posts!

Cheers to someone who has furthered my skills online and offline, and whom I had the pleasure of hanging around with at NI Week (did I mentioned he looks good in a kilt?). wink.gif

Cheers

-JG

(did I mentioned he looks good in a kilt?). wink.gif

Thanks Jon. Actually, this kilt is part of the reason I slowed down lately. I haven't had much opportunity to sit down and do good LV programming since Xmas. I was way too busy with the final preps for my wedding with Isabelle on January 29th... and I'm still day-dreaming about all the good time we got on our honeymoon.

Since you already noticed the new pic in my profile, here's a more official photo with my new wife. :wub:

post-10515-0-78410900-1299160048_thumb.j

photo credit: Chamsi Dib

Budgie smugglers underneath? :D

I had to look on the Australian slang dictionary for this one.

I'll give more time to the rumors before I answer that. ;)

• Like 1

Hi François,

congratulations!

I've got one question, where was your kilt made? My aunt in Canada (Hamilton) works in a place where they hand-made purpose fit kilts in traditional style. Could it be one of her's?

Regards,

Ton

Hi Ton,

my kilt was indeed made in Ontario (don't know which city) and rented (yeah, way too expensive to buy, although I have regrets...) through a tailor in Montreal.

The guy is retired and closed his boutique downtown Montreal, but still does some business from his home because of nice guys like me who still want his business!

So it's entirely probable that he had it made in Hamilton, although I have no way to find out. Perhaps you can ask your aunt if she made a "Sons of Scotland" kilt for a January delivery. There must not be that many at any time period... 9-yard kilts are not that common.

Yeah, it took me 9 years to finally decide to dive in... Oh, you mean about the posts! :P

My wife has been trying to get me in a kilt for years. I believe should found the Anderson tartan available from a place in Cananda, I suspect the same as yours. Aside from the interesting situation it presents in the airport security lines, I have been shunning the idea. You are a better man that me! Congratulations on the mile-stone.

Ben