Analog Input

Tan_godo

Hello there,

I am basically making use of an Analog Input to acquire some pulses using which i want to calculate the number of ticks and further the angle and number of rotaions .

If i was using a counter card life would have been easy , but currently dont have one .

can anybody suggest easy ways of deriving the ticks first , from the incoming waveform ?

Cheers ,

T

I am basically making use of an Analog Input to acquire some pulses using which i want to calculate the number of ticks and further the angle and number of rotaions .

If i was using a counter card life would have been easy , but currently dont have one .

can anybody suggest easy ways of deriving the ticks first , from the incoming waveform ?

Cheers ,

T

What hardware are you using? Most NI Multifunction hardware have a couple of counters already built in on the card.

N.

Its a CDAQ ........with 2 AI modules ....9178 has 4 built in counters but can be used only with NI 9401 ..

trying to make use of some examples ..............to basically measure the rising transitions or just give the num,ber of high pulses on a continous incoming pulse waveform .

Any direct examples available ?

hi ,

Ok ...its PWM measurement / encoder pulses that i want to measure ... in the data sheet they have mentioned hardware timed Digital IO such as NI 9401 OR 9402 .

could you tell me how to make use of the BNC connectors.....for pulse measurement ? The datasheet does not give details.

Cheers,

T

Edited by Tan_godo