AES 128 LabVIEW via php - Please Review

Hello all,

I needed an AES-128 block encryption module in a LabVIEW script at work, and couldn't find anything simple. .NET 4.0 has a AES library which might have been easy, but it appears LV2010 doesn't support 4.0. I chose to implement AES-128 through a php script. Here is the example and example video I've prepared for students in my LabVIEW class (SeattleTM):

AES128 Solution for LabVIEW:
(goto
AES128 PHP Video/Code
')

Was there an easier way to do this? Also, if you have the time to give a litte feedback on the video/code presentation it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin Reina

Hi bmoyer,

The LabVIEW FPGA code is not directly portable to a PC target, but somewhat close. I considered porting that over, but I wanted to use an example where I didn't have to write my own AES-128.

Thanks,

-Justin

Vartor provide a "Crypto Pack" which (IMHO) is well worth the $20 especially as it comes with full source. It has (amongst other things) AES.

Vartor provide a "Crypto Pack" which (IMHO) is well worth the $20 especially as it comes with full source. It has (amongst other things) AES.

I have to echo that. Got it myself too some years ago and at a slightly higher price if I remember correctly, but it has been worth the money for sure. Comprehensive library of cryptography functions all implemented in pure G. And the implementation looks clean and works well as far as I could see.

No rocket science as I had written my own MD5 and SHA256 routines at that time but writing even one of those functions yourself costs you way more in time and money than this whole package.

Would it be useful if I generated a LabVIEW-only AES128/256 solution? I am thinking of making it one of the 'student challenges' next quarter; see what they come up with.

-Justin

I think that'd be great. thumbup1.gif There's very little in native labview for encryption (for free wink.gif ).

It must be nice to have so much free resource to work on your little nuggets yes.gif

Edited by ShaunR
  • 1 month later...

Would it be useful if I generated a LabVIEW-only AES128/256 solution? I am thinking of making it one of the 'student challenges' next quarter; see what they come up with.

-Justin

Hello Justin,

that sounds really cool. I am looking into AES right now and the different steps are puzzling (if you only use the NIST standards).

I have a HMAC/SHA libarary online (bitbucket source) and would love to add an AES into that package.

Ton

• 1 year later...

Igor, all the pages in the site have a refresh tag which points to the AES toolkit page.

Also, the blog page doesn't have any content. Is it supposed to?

For now yes, because I just started this web-site. AES is just the very first thing I decided to post there. But I'll fill it up when I have some free time.