Collection of VI's to dll

I posted this at the ni forums but got no response. Hoping to have better luck here.

I have a collection of VI's that relate to a machine. I would like to compile all of these to a DLL and be able to call each one via an invoke node. Something like a .net class or an activeX object. In the app builder I can build a dll but I dont want to use the call library function.

I'd like to be able to use property nodes and invoke nodes to interact with the machine.

I have several machines that use these and a single library would make life much easier.

Thanks!

Do the need to be in a DLL, or are you just trying to have them appear in an ActiveX-like interface? If the latter, put them in a class - then you can access them (they're in a class now, so let's call them "methods") through property nodes.

Thanks for the reply crelf. I would prefer them to be in a dll but thats not a must. The ActiveX like interface is what I'm really after. I can put them in a class, but even then I dont know

how to access them via property/invoke nodes. Any chance you could elaborate a bit?

I could rewrite the VI's in C#. I'd rather keep them in LV though.

Edited by WayneS

Maybe you could use a packed library instead of a dll. If you are looking to do like something we have been talking about around here, your goal is to encapsulate a specific sub-set of the code that can be easily swapped out/upgraded when necessary. We were looking at a method for plug-in distribution, yours seems to be machine dependent code. We are thinking that a packed library will be able to do what we sought. Still haven't "tried it" though.

jason