LABVIEW AND MATLAB

I have a file of temperature adquisition data (data in columns), and want to make some operations in the Matlab script node. Imagine I get one of the columns as a vector. How can I easily get element by element of the vector to introduce it in the Matlab script node?. My matlab program calls one dll that only takes real number, but not vectors.

THANK YOU

Perhaps this answer is too simplistic:

Using the MATLAB Script node, if you only need one value at a time, index the array of data and send one value at a time. (This can't be right.)

Using MATLAB batch mode, you can call a .m file that opens the data file and writes an output file. Use "System Exec.vi" to call MATLAB with the /r flag for Windows (-r for *nix) and the name of the .m file.

• 1 year later...
Perhaps this answer is too simplistic:

Using the MATLAB Script node, if you only need one value at a time, index the array of data and send one value at a time. (This can't be right.)

Using MATLAB batch mode, you can call a .m file that opens the data file and writes an output file. Use "System Exec.vi" to call MATLAB with the /r flag for Windows (-r for *nix) and the name of the .m file.

Hi! I

I have a file of temperature adquisition data (data in columns), and want to make some operations in the Matlab script node. Imagine I get one of the columns as a vector. How can I easily get element by element of the vector to introduce it in the Matlab script node?. My matlab program calls one dll that only takes real number, but not vectors.

How about calling the DLL from LabVIEW? If it's a special matlab-friendly DLL, maybe you can make another DLL that wraps it with a labview-friendly interface... =)

• 4 weeks later...

More free advice worth twice the price:

If you're at all familiar with Matlab, I would strongly urge you to write a version of the Matlab program that can handle a whole array at once. Array manipulation is what makes Matlab great! If there's a lot of data, your performance will improve.