Determine 32 or 64Bit OS - Windows

I'm trying to determine if my application is running on a 32 or 64bit version of Windows. The application is going to be calling some external code (.exe) which has two separate versions depending on which OS they're running on. There is a very nice .NET method available which would work perfectly:

http://msdn.microsof...8VS.100%29.aspx

but it's only supported in .NET 4.0 which as of LabVIEW 2010 SP1 we don't have access to. I could try to write an external dll to do the check for me, but I wanted to see if anyone out there had an idea of how to do this from within LabVIEW.

Thanks,

Keith

I'm trying to determine if my application is running on a 32 or 64bit version of Windows. The application is going to be calling some external code (.exe) which has two separate versions depending on which OS they're running on. There is a very nice .NET method available which would work perfectly:

http://msdn.microsof...8VS.100%29.aspx

but it's only supported in .NET 4.0 which as of LabVIEW 2010 SP1 we don't have access to. I could try to write an external dll to do the check for me, but I wanted to see if anyone out there had an idea of how to do this from within LabVIEW.

Thanks,

Keith

The "Conditional disable" has pre-defined conditions for different OSs (bitness is one of them).

The "Conditional disable" has pre-defined conditions for different OSs (bitness is one of them).

I tried the conditional disable structure and I'm not getting the behavior I was expecting. I'm running LabVIEW 2010 SP1 (32bit) on my laptop which has Window7 Pro 64bit installed on it. I setup the conditional disable as suggested in a test VI. If I execute the VI, it is always selecting the 32 bit code in the structure. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong or missing?

post-689-0-31920200-1300666060_thumb.png

I tried the conditional disable structure and I'm not getting the behavior I was expecting. I'm running LabVIEW 2010 SP1 (32bit) on my laptop which has Window7 Pro 64bit installed on it. I setup the conditional disable as suggested in a test VI. If I execute the VI, it is always selecting the 32 bit code in the structure. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong or missing?

IC.

The conditional disable will give you the bitness of Labview you are using.

For the OS you can use the OS.Name property node.

Edited by ShaunR