Labview to Excel

Hello,

I am designing a threshold detector with 10 inputs.

When the threshold is reached (and passed) there will be two data values.

1. The time it takes for each input to pass the threshold limit

2. The time starting from the threshold passing till the STOP button is pressed.

3. The total duration from the start of running till the STOP button is pressed.

The I want to export to Excel these times and make a column for each of the 10 inputs.

Also I need the vi to write to excel after the stop button is pressed.

How can I do all these?

If the requirement is not to specifically make a *.xls file, but rather just a file that Excel can read, the easiest way to do this is to make a Comma Separated Variable (*.csv) file from your data. Then you don't have to fool around with ActiveX or .Net or anything like that.

So, for example, your time file would end up looking something like

timeToThreshold1, timeToStop1, duration1

timeToThreshold2, timeToStop2, duration2

timeToThreshold3, timeToStop3, duration3

• Like 1

If the requirement is not to specifically make a *.xls file, but rather just a file that Excel can read, the easiest way to do this is to make a Comma Separated Variable (*.csv) file from your data. Then you don't have to fool around with ActiveX or .Net or anything like that.

So, for example, your time file would end up looking something like

timeToThreshold1, timeToStop1, duration1

timeToThreshold2, timeToStop2, duration2

timeToThreshold3, timeToStop3, duration3

Thank you for the prompt reply!

How do I make the vi to write to excel after the stop button is pressed, ie after all the data is collected? It keeps asking me to save the data at the beginning.

How do I implement it to labview?

I think we've gotten to the point where you need to post some code of how you've tried to implement the suggestions Roderic and I have already made, and what's working and what's not working.

Indeed, there's different ways to do this. and I dont think this is the simpler way, but if it works then...

You seem to use an indicator as a control for the file path... or maybe I dont have the whole picture.

Your design is a bit weird to me.

Edited by Roderic

The code almost looks deliberately wrong, which makes me wonder if it's a school assignment??? If so, while we're all glad to help people out here, we really shouldn't be doing your homework for you.

The code almost looks deliberately wrong, which makes me wonder if it's a school assignment??? If so, while we're all glad to help people out here, we really shouldn't be doing your homework for you.

Its work!

What you see is a patch work from different other vi/examples etc, and no it is not "deliberately wrong"!

Indeed, there's different ways to do this. and I dont think this is the simpler way, but if it works then...

You seem to use an indicator as a control for the file path... or maybe I dont have the whole picture.

It is an indicator, the file path is generated via a path/tag code. I chopped it off as I thought it might be confusing

Edited by Ano Ano