Letting a user without admin rights run an NI Installer

Morning all,

I have an app that I am slowly rolling out across our department. Now, it is our IT departments policy that by default people do not have administrator privileges on their machines. Getting this default position changed is not a battle I am in a position to take on.

Now, this is a Windows OS question really - does anybody know if it is possible to have an exceptions list of installers that a user can run? For example, everyone would be given the ability to run National Instruments installers even though they don't have admin.

If it is possible, then this is an arrangement which would make my life hundreds of times easier and would probably be acceptable to IT. The numbers of machines I am talking about is significant (hundreds) so it is a real issue.

Thank you for any help/pointers you can offer, it would be appreciated.

Martin

I don't know the answer to the Windows OS installer exception question. I would like to as well. I do wonder though why you need the individual users install the software on the machines? It seems like your IT folks want to control the installs/uninstalls of the programs on the machines. Why not let them manage the installs? That's the structure they've set up.

Sometimes the easiest way to get a rule changed is to follow it. :ph34r:

Jason