Library and Perforce issue

I was trying to get organized.

1) I moved a hierarchy that was uncontrolled into my Perforce workspace.

2) My main application VI loaded all the subVIs properly (saved in to SCC)

3) I created a Library and used Folder(Snapshot) to add all my dependent files to the Library (to prevent cross linking from a branched project where some of the TypeDefs and SubVIs might have the same name).

4) I went to save my Library into SCC but LabVIEW asked me to save all my SubVIs in memory. I happened to NOT have my entire directory checked out in Perforce (so I was denied and had to not save).

5) Now...when I try to open my VI I am prompted to select every dependent SubVI and TypeDef (a major pain).

The strange part about this that the LabVIEW Prompt says "Loading.." and show the 100% correct absolute path of file that I have to go manually browse for and select.

What is even stranger is that my inital VI that was checked-in in Perforce is acting the same. (Even though this VI is one revision before I created this Library).

This behavior is driving me crazy. Any insight on how to avoid this in the future or how LabVIEW is handling this?

I was trying to get organized.

3) I created a Library and used Folder(Snapshot) to add all my dependent files to the Library (to prevent cross linking from a branched project where some of the TypeDefs and SubVIs might have the same name).

4) I went to save my Library into SCC but LabVIEW asked me to save all my SubVIs in memory. I happened to NOT have my entire directory checked out in Perforce (so I was denied and had to not save).

The strange part about this that the LabVIEW Prompt says "Loading.." and show the 100% correct absolute path of file that I have to go manually browse for and select.

What is even stranger is that my inital VI that was checked-in in Perforce is acting the same. (Even though this VI is one revision before I created this Library).

What happens a 3. is that by placing all the VIs in the library the canonical names (not paths) of the VIs are altered. LabVIEW basically relies on VI names (not paths).

You did this with the functions calling into these VI in memory, LabVIEW can detect this and probably showed a dialog 'foo.vi is being altered do I need to check out?' (or you disabled this option in the SCC options dialog. You didn't check out, but you couldn't save your changes.

If LabVIEW tells you you need to save, you probably do, it's pretty good at this. (at 4. you actually had to save).

So any VI linking to a VI moved into the library is looking at the right spot for the wrong VI.

The easiest way to fix this is by manually opening the VIs and select the VI you need.

Ton