Congrats to John Lokanis for passing his CLA! - well done mate!beer_mug.gif

Aye... there were about 8 of us taking certification exams in the Seattle area that day. I know at least 3 of us post on Lava... John's the lucky bastid that got his results first. ;)

(I'm sure they're sitting on my exam just to make me squirm. Either that or they're trying to figure out what in the world I did...)

Thanks guys! It's been on my to-do list for years (even been on my performance review at work to get this done!). Finally got around to it.

I must say it was harder than I expected. Mainly in the time constraints. The works is straightforward, but I seem to be getting slower in my old age...

Looking forward to the new options for maintaining my CLA. May have to do an NI Week presentation every other year... tongue.gif

Looking forward to the new options for maintaining my CLA. May have to do an NI Week presentation every other year... tongue.gif

Congrats!

What are the new options for maintaining your CLA? I can't seem to find anything about that.

I am going to give the CLA a try. Not that I think I have much of a chance but I have a couple months left on my training membership so I might as well at least see what it is like.

You do a multiple choice for a CLA recert. There is an example exam on the web.

Yea I knew about that. But John made it sound like there were some new options like giving presentations at NI week. If that was some kind of irony it went over my head. I think what he was getting at is how to stay sharp and preparing presentations for NI week is a good way to do that. I'm pretty slow but I think I understand wat he was saying now :rolleyes:

Yea I knew about that. But John made it sound like there were some new options like giving presentations at NI week. If that was some kind of irony it went over my head. I think what he was getting at is how to stay sharp and preparing presentations for NI week is a good way to do that. I'm pretty slow but I think I understand wat he was saying now :rolleyes:

There is a rumor that there might be other options in the future to 'stay current' with your CLA, besides taking a test...